Full or part-time music positions, that are currently open at local churches or academic institutions, posted in the order of date submitted. To submit an available position, visit this page and follow the instructions. To ask that a position be removed, contact the webmaster. Positions will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise advised.
Part-time Organist/Director of Music
Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
9600 South Gessner
Houston, TX 77071
Number and Times of Services
- Sunday services at 7:30 and 10:30 a.m
- Special services on Christmas Eve and during Holy Week
- In collaboration with the rector, the Director of Music will choose and perform musical selections for services. Musical selections will include hymnody, anthems, and preludes and postludes.
- The Director of Music will lead our adult choirs, and rehearse them once during the week, and once on Sunday mornings prior to the 10:30 am service.
- The Director of Music will supervise and support the lay leaders who direct the children’s choir.
- The Director of Music will be responsible for hiring and booking any music professionals required for our services, including instrumentalists, staff singers for the choir, and performers for weddings and funerals.
- Complete Diocese of Texas training courses, “Safeguarding God’s People” and “Safeguarding God’s Children” and pass a background check
- Prior knowledge of or a willingness to learn and honor the choral tradition of Anglican worship.
- Proficiency on the organ
- Bachelor of Music preferred but not required
- Previous experience conducting a choir is preferred but not required
- 2 manual, tracker action instrument built by Noack Organ Company in 1982. It has 23 ranks. The stoplist for the organ is Opus 99 and can be found on Noack’s website.
The position is 15 hours/week with a salary and two weeks’ vacation. The annual salary range is $30,000 – $40,000, depending upon training and experience. Pension and insurance are not included.
Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter to the Rev. Patrick Hall
posted November 28, 2023